Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Just Thinking

I was just thinking about the future...
First about how I haven't finished drawing a construct that might take me 3 hours and here I am blogging. Its 12.45am so its safe to say I aint going to sleep. I was thinking how this blog was meant to be about something different but I just couldnt bring myself to writing it. Too much emotion involved...and right now emotion is an indulgence i dont have time for (Line from Matrix Reloaded)
 I was thinking about summer break...I know its a bit early but a nigga needs something to make him look forward to the next day. I miss Kenya...its not even funny. Mostly my friends...I miss my folks but I dont miss being around them...haha! On the real...I dont! In fact I was thinking of sleeping out the first day I touch down. But thats a bit too extreme...so I'l sleep home for the first night or two. Oh and then there's the "You've changed nonsense"...as in thats the worst logic I've ever heard. Maybe its you who's changed. Everyone changes, evolves or whatever you like to call it. What makes the difference is that we're not around to witness the metamorphosis. For example...if I got a tattoo while in Kenya...it'l be ok...no biggy. But if I come home with a tattoo...guys will be like.."He's changed, he even has a tattoo these days!" What the hell?!
I was thinking about the new lingo that will have come to be. But since most of my pals speak English it wont be a problem catching up...plus I've been chatting with them a lot. The problem will come with my ghetto brothers...the Sheng' speakers. I experienced that problem first hand when I came to China and heard one of the Kenyans who's been here for a while saying Ponyi meaning Police....marrrdd loling. Then when I called one of them sonko they all looked at me! Fun times indeed.
I was thinking about the new couples...always makes me laugh. I laugh until its my turn. Thats enough for that topic!
 
MiKa

2 comments:

  1. I'll hopefuli be home in the summer too:) last year i was given shit about my accent, no biggie. You'll enjoy home so much. The other stuff will be so irrelevant. I'll even add a TRUE STORY!

    ReplyDelete